Once you've been on a retreat, you are now "part of the ACTS Community." As St. Paul says so eloquently in 1 Corinthians 12:12 & 18:
"For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.... But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose."
"Community" -- the C in ACTS. Community means we come together as one in Christ to work as many parts but always as one. We want each member of our community to understand that their contribution is as valuable as any other. Some contributions may seem small, but when we put them altogether, small things add up.
So here are some ways you can get involved so that your part is contributing to the whole!
1) Pray for ACTS, ACTS Amarillo, and ACTS Missions
. Taking the example of the early Apostles, these organizations are committed to making a real difference in a world that is increasingly disengaged from God and His Church. The first step in re-engaging people is for God's people to pray, to reconnect themselves in a powerful way to the God Who is all about changing minds, hearts, and spirits. So, first of all pray, and you will become a channel for God to do amazing things in this world!
2) Volunteer. The "S" in ACTS stands for "Service." There are many ways to become a member who is committed to service
- Join us on Facebook to keep apprised of all that's going on in our ACTS community (click here to join)
- Sponsor someone to go on the retreat. (To find out more of how to do that, click here!)
- Sign up to pray on the prayer boards for a retreat. Every retreat needs more than 60 "prayers" for one hour each! (click here)
- Become a Parish Representative (see where we need them, click here)
- Start or join an ACTS small group in your parish (click here to see what's available; or click here for information on starting your own small group)
- Become a Hall Monitor for the Teen Retreats (click here)
- Get your information updated in our database so you don't miss your chance to serve on a Team (click here)
- Bring snacks for a retreat (watch on the site, in the newsletter, and on the Facebook group for when retreats start and what to bring)
- Be "called on Team" (click here for more information on that)
- Help Core with Retreat Services. Contact Stacy Wilhelm at: email@example.com if you would like to be called to help. Put "ACTS Helper" in the subject line and Include your phone number and email address so she can get in touch with you.
Lots of ways to serve and get involved! Choose a few that fit you and the whole community will benefit!